Thai Cucumber Salad
Every time I go to a Thai restaurant I always try and order sides of this salad, it's so good and addicting! This is great to eat as a snack or as a side with any Asian dish.
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c water
- A few generous pinches of red pepper flakes
- 3 large-ish cucumbers, peeled, seeds scraped out, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly choppd
- chopped toasted peanuts for garnish (optopnal)
1. Combined the sugar, vinegar, salt, water, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil. Simmer about 1 minute, then remove from the heat and allow to cool. 2. Toss together the cucumbers and onions. Pour the dressing over and then toss in along with the mint and cilantro. Chill for a half hour or more to allow the flavors to combine, garnish with peanuts, and then serve.